Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Listahan ng mga ninong at ninang ni Charice Pempengco

Posted at 05/19/2010 1:10 PM | Updated as of 05/19/2010 1:23 PM

MANILA, Philippines – International and local celebrity heavyweights, including American television host Oprah Winfrey, have been invited to become Charice and her younger brother’s godparents in their joint baptism and confirmation this week.

This was confirmed by Charice's mother, Raquel Pempengco.

Charice and Carl will be baptized as Catholics in an undisclosed location on Saturday.

Winfrey, who has been involved in Charice’s international career, and composer-producer David Foster are among the 24 pairs of godparents of Charice and Carl.

As of posting time, there is no word yet if Winfrey will personally attend the event.

ABS-CBN chairman Eugenio “Gabby” Lopez III and president Charo Santos-Concio, broadcaster Karen Davila, Boy Abunda, Kris Aquino, and entertainment journalists Ricky Lo and Jobert Sucaldito will also stand as their ninongs and ninangs.

In his column in The Philippine Star, Lo confirmed that he accepted Charice's invitation for him to be one of the godfathers.

Below is the complete list of Charice and Carl’s godparents.

1. Ms. Oprah Winfrey and Mr. David Foster



2. Ms. Lisa Erspamer and Mr. Marc Johnston





3. Mr. Gabby Lopez and Ms. Charo Santos




4.Mr. Boy Abunda and Ms.Kris Aquino-Yap

5. Mr. Raffy Lopez and Ms. Malou Santos


6. Atty. Ed Shapiro and Ms. Liz Rosenberg


7. Atty. Mr. and Mrs. Millie Gurfinkel


8. Mr. Ricky Lo and Ms. Karen Davila


9. Mr and Mrs Willam SY
10.Mrs. Marietta Lavin_ and Ms. Oledan
11.Mr.Robert Ybera and Ms.Cherry Arganda
12. Mr and Mrs Grace Mendoza
13.Mr. Julius and Ms.Tintin Babao
14.Mr. Bum Tenorio and Ms.Michelle Gankee
15. Mr.Jobert Sucaldito and Dra.Vicky Belo
16. Ms.Emmie Velarde and Mr.Pocholo Concepcion (PDI)
17. Mr.Peter Tiope (SueBee) and Ms.Lucy Ongkauko (Queso)
18. Mr.Roger and Ms.Helen Bartholomew (Inter-Ed)
19. Mr.Benson and Ms.Marlene Ong
20. Mr.Mike Sanchez and Ms.Cris Llamo (Senheisser and Wow)
21. Mr.David and Ms.Elsie Chua
22. Mr. and Mrs Ellen Tiamson
23. Mr.Joey Berroya and Ms.Cristina Perez
24. Mr.Conrad and Ms. Aida Dimapilis

CNN features Charice
CNN has recently interviewed the 18-year-old Filipino pint-sized singer in a feature titled "4'9" with a towering voice."

Charice sat down with reporter and host Shanon Cook to discuss her first self-titled global album and her life when she was still a struggling singer.

"When I was 4 years old she left me (mom) in our home and I sang. My first song was ‘My Heart Will Go On.’ Then my mom discovered me singing on top of the table," Charice said.
Charice, who is now busy promoting her album in the United States, told Cook that her CD reflects the “new me.”

She said: "This is my first time to sing a very light, danceable songs… I must say that this is really the new me, even the style and everything, the image. If you will see the album cover, I mean I can't believe that it is me."
When asked how she reacted when Winfrey described her as the most talented girl in the world, Charice said: "Sincerely I can't believe it until now, I'm shaking. I'm just so thankful to her, to all the people who helped me. To my idol Celine Dion, she told me that we have same things in common. To think that she said that, I was like, ‘Oh my God!’ I was just starting and she is a legendary singer."

Charice launched her album on “The Oprah Winfrey Show’ on May 11, a day after she celebrated her 18th birthday. She is set to hold a post-birthday party with the less fortunate children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails