Saturday, June 12, 2010

Keith Soriano: Bon Voyage, Yeng!

06.11.10




Faithful friends are hard to find. And I nearly laughed out loud when I received Yeng’s message at 8:00pm that said:



“Nasan na kayo?”



I replied, “Yeng, nsa fx n ko papunta. Hehe. Wg ka mag-alala. Drtng kmi…”



The thought of Yeng leaving the Philippines makes me sad. He’s the only guy classmate we have here in Manila who is always present in get-together sessions with high school classmates. He never failed us. You could trust his word when he says he will come (even if he is the only guy among those who confirmed).



That’s the reason I never fail him whenever he hosts any occasion at their Fairview residence. I make it a point to be present to reciprocate the efforts he made whenever we drag him along in our sappy tagalog movies escapades.



There were just a number of us present for his send off party. Allow me to enumerate:



Sanen Airene Margarette, the early bird. She even accompanied Cyn and Mng Pays in buying groceries needed for Duls’ birthday the next day.



Myself. I met up with Sanen, Cyn and Mng Pays at SM Fairview which was a good idea because it was raining hard when I reached the area.



Sinen Cyd Chariss, who was baptized “arti-kulit” by Mng Tabs because of her “kaartehan” and her list of alibis for being late. Hehe.



Mareng Diane, who came in with her bar-hopping attire again (as stated by Mng Tabs).



Jans, who, despite the heavy rains and work the next day, travelled from Laguna just to be present in Yeng’s send off party.



It was a night of drinking, singing and merry-making. In addition, there were also a list of unforgettable lines and words.



“Honk-honk” – derived from Apple’s shirt that pertains to jokingly pressing “kapus-palad” girls’ twin towers.



“Tute” – derived from the word “tutor” referring to Mareng Diane. A lot of sentences were made from this word.



“Happy Independence Day, Jans” – greeting given to Jansel after the clock struck 12. I was called “insensitive” by Yeng because of this. Hehe. Jans noted how many times I told him that (25 times).



Oh well, what else could I say. It was a night full of fun and laughter. And most importantly, it was faithful friends who made that possible.



To Yeng, Bon Voyage! (pronounced as bóN vwaa yáazh. Puh-lease!!! Spare me from wrong pronunciations. Hehe. ) You will surely be missed. Take care. I’ll see you online.

Yeng with Myself and Sinen at Trinoma, 02.19.10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails