Friday, June 11, 2010

A Walk to Remember

by Ketih Soriano
11 June 2010

I consider myself a jolly person. I do anything that makes me happy. I eat anything that will make me feel better. Despite these, I allow myself two days in a year for me to sulk, it’s a personal tradition. Today is one of those, the other day is your birthday.

What’s so special about this day?

Eight years ago, 11 June 2002, I woke up early for this day because it’s our registration priority day for General Education (G.E.) subjects at the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Science and the College of Arts and Letters. It was a relief that I had got most of the subjects I needed thru the Computerized Registration System (C.R.S.) and only needed to manually enlist in one GE subject. By 1:oopm, I am already an official student in my third year of undergraduate studies for the Academic Year 2002-2003.

I decided to drop by my grand aunt’s house in Project 3, QC before I get home. And that’s where I received a text message from you asking if we could see each other today. I gave in.

By 4:30pm, I was already in National Bookstore SM Centerpoint waiting for you. My heart thump fast I could barely breathe whenever you are around, so when I turned around, I already knew before I saw you that you were already there.

We were both wearing black shirts even though we didn’t plan that in advance. You were wearing your signature golf cap that looks best on you (as far as I’m concerned). I had my hair in a pony tail. We haven’t seen each other in two years so the first thing you noticed about me is that I have grown my long and that I looked better with long hair (oh well, you were also the first one who told me that I looked boyish during our high school days because of my hair and because of the way I act).

It was our first date together. Have I ever told you that you make me tongue-tied, my knees weak, and my heart beat faster than usual? Up to this day, you’re the only person that makes me feel that way. You’re the only guy I have ever loved.

We agreed to bring someone with us along, a chaperone, in order for us to be at ease with each other. I am the one who needed that, because I’m not the usual me whenever I’m around you. I’m a loud mouth person. But whenever you are around, I get tensed and tongue-tied. Maybe I just don’t want to make a fool out of myself in your presence.

MRT blooper, unsalted popcorn, Zagu mistake… It all happened in one day. Do you know that I could go on and say in words my exact feelings during that day? I loved you so much and the days I spent with you are the days I wouldn’t want to forget.

But, don’t think highly of yourself though. I have already moved on. I still got a piece of you under my skin.

Allow me to wallow in peace today and on your birthday. Those are the only days I think of you and the days that we’ve been together.

You are my One Great Love and nobody else could take your place… Not until I meet my One True Love and I’m looking forward for that day.

Until then, so long, Dynamite.

We talked endlessly while strolling in the Acad Oval 11 June 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails